Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Month!

Wow, it's crazy but I've been in Bangkok for about a month now. I've had a few good jobs so far. One for Lolane hair color, I'll be on the boxes of hair color here. I'm excited for when it comes out. Here are a few pictures from the shoot :) The wig is really obviously a wig. But in the images, it's really close up and looks much less obvious than these pictures taken from my blackberry. :)



Photobucket

Photobucket




My second weekend I went and watched thai boxing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Even with having only a few jobs, I've been really busy. Last weekend I took a trip with the owner of my agency to Surat Thani, a province in Thailand. There is really nothing of interest in Surat Thani, we went there to take a few press photos with the governor. After spending way too long traveling, about two hours in a van, an hour ferry ride and another hour in the van we arrive at World Resort in Koh Samui. I've never been to anywhere tropical where the beaches are really nice. So this was a great experience. The first day in Samui I just stayed at relaxed at the hotel, swam in the ocean, in the pool, got a massage and ate good food. :) On Sunday, our last day, we went with the owner of our agency to scout for locations to shoot the calendar that he puts on every year. We took a speed boat to a few of the different islands. It was amazing. Here are some of the pictures from the trip...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This Wednesday I went to Laos to get my working visa. It was an interesting experience. The bus ride there was 10 hours! We left at 8pm and were planning to arrive in Laos in the morning, do all the visa stuff, spend the night, pick up our passports in the am, then head back to Bangkok. You would think a 10 hour bus ride would be bad enough but it turns out something was wrong with the engine of the bus and they had to keep the air conditioning on the whole time. Right now is winter in Laos, still not comparable to winter in Seattle but it wasn't warm. After freezing on the way there, we realized that like most countries, they don't have waiting areas inside. We had to wait outside in the cold until all the visas of everyone in our group had been processed. I was really happy to get back to the hotel, which was more like a hostel. I really didn't care, as long as it was warm! I went with a few of the people I met on the bus down to the river where we had dinner. After doing the 10 hour bus ride again, I got back to my apartment at 1am to find out I had a 9am flight to Surat Thani to shoot the Elite calendar the owner of my agency does. There was so much press for this calendar, it's crazy. When I was shooting, there were at least 10-15 cameras from different magazines, news chanels and fashion web sites also taking my photo. Fashion TV was also covering the shooting of the calendar. It should be interesting to see the press photos for it and the actual final calendar.


Friday I have a job for Priew Magazine. I'm hoping the images will turn out good and are something I can use for my book. After I finish with my job, there is this big party in Pattaya that all the models are going to. It sounds like it'll be a good time.

Thats it for now. <3

1 comment: